Dielectric Multilayered Films
PolymerPlus nanolayered polymer dielectrics technology have demonstrated fabrication of high energy density, high temperature performance capacitor films and capacitors. The nanaolayered films offer a capability to reduce capacitor size by increasing energy density. The films are available at low rate quantities and evaluation.
A Few Key Developments in the Dielectric Film Technology Are:
- - Multilayered films with increased energy density ( Up to 16 J/cc vs 5 J/cc for BOPP), high temperature performance (up to 160 °C), and high breakdown strength (>1000 MV/m) achieved, better than BOPP or PET capacitor
- - Film roll production rate up to 3000 ft length
- - Film thicknesses range – From 6 µm to 100 µm (and more if required)
- - Capacitor prototypes in 1 µF to 6 µF developed and tested various properties.
- - Capacitance change less than 0.01% over 25 to 160 °C.
- - The IR and the ESR values of the 1.5 µF prototypes were comparable with the commercial BOPP and PET capacitors.